Five Awesome Things You Can Learn from the 2016 Emerging Leaders Conference
MHI Young Professionals Network and the Material Handling Equipment Distributors Association (MHEDA) have partnered for this year’s Emerging Leaders Conference, July 28 at the Renaissance Chicago Downtown Hotel in Chicago, IL.
This year’s conference is a one-day interactive event focusing on leadership development, career advancement and networking. The theme is Unlocking Secrets for Professional and Personal Success. Here are five awesome takeaways you will learn in improving relationships with customers and managing your personal and professional brand.
1. Learn to build more meaningful connections with your prospects, clients, and competition.
Business is all about personal relationships. Presenter Sam Richter, Sales Intelligence Expert, will guide you through the world of online information, how to find it and how to apply it to build meaningful prospect and client relationships.
•Uncover web search secrets you never thought possible for finding qualified leads, uncovering opportunities and understanding decision makers.
• Discover Tips and tricks for using social networks and hidden websites as sales and competitive intelligence agents.
• Learn how to use information to make a big-time impression with others, build deeper relationships with any client, and completely differentiate from your competition.
2. Learn the dos and don’ts in managing your personal brand.
In today’s instant communication and social networking world, it’s easy to share opinions and others can share the same about you. But what happens when the lines between personal and professional become blurred? Sam Richer will share the best methods and tools in communicating online and managing your personal brand.
• Understand what is a “personal brand,” why you already have one, how to enhance it, and how personal brands dramatically impact your company brand and reputation.
• Reveal the dangers of sharing too much information, what can happen if you’re not careful, and how to respond if you don’t like what someone shares about you or your company.
• Learn inside secrets on how to manage your online presence and Google rankings (for non-technical people) so when people search for information on you, you control what they find.
3. Discover marketing and office tools that will put you ahead in efficiency and professionalism.
What if you could whip up a graphic to brand your event in a matter of minutes? Or schedule a committee meeting without having to send three dozen emails to find a time everyone could meet? Presenter Beth Ziesnies, Author, Tech Expert, and Nerd will help filter through thousands of apps, gadgets, widgets and doodads to find the perfect free and bargain technology tools for your business and personal use.
• Discover how to use free and bargain technology tools you never knew existed to create professional quality graphics, make your office run smoothly and wow your customers.
• Uncover dozens of tech tools that will leave people asking, “How’d they do that?”
4. Learn how your peers are managing challenges and opportunities within their own organizations.
Through roundtable discussions with your peers you will have the opportunity to interact and learn how they are managing challenges and opportunities within their own organizations. This is a great way to create long lasting business connections and tap into the collective brainpower of fellow attendees.
4. Become motivated, purposeful, and empowered to both manage and create real change.
Anne Mahlum, Founder of Back on My Feet, Entrepreneur and CEO of Solidcore will tell her compelling personal story and work with Back on My Feet as a powerful example of how change happens. With raw vulnerability, grace and lots of humor, Anne takes audiences on an emotional journey that will leave them feeling inspired.
• Learn the four core things all people need in life.
• Discover how to change the way you see yourself.
• Learn how to move outside of your comfort zone.