Meet Dana Carvey – 10 Facts about the Actor and Award Winning Comedian
MHI is excited to host Industry Night at ProMat with entertainment by actor and and award winning comedian Dana Carvey! Get to know Carvey with these 10 facts about his career and life.
1. He was born in Missoula, Montana and moved to San Carlos, California when he was three years old.
2. He is the son of Billie Dahl and Bud Carvey, both parents with careers in education.
3. In his high school years he was a member of the Central Coast Section champion cross country team.
4. He has a bachelor’s degree in broadcast communications from San Francisco State University.
5. He is the lifelong fan of Kirk Douglas. Carvey’s big break came in 1986, when he co-starred opposite Kirk Douglas and Burt Lancaster in Tough Guys. See his affectionate impression of Douglas.
6. In the same year he became a household name when he joined NBC’s Saturday Night Live cast. See Carvey’s hilarious audition footage.
7. He is known for numerous original characters including Garth from Wayne’s World (who was based on his brother).
8. His SNL work won him an Emmy Award in 1993 and has a total of six Emmy nominations.
9. He is number 90 on Comedy Central’s list of the 100 Greatest Stand-Ups of All Time.
10. He married Paula Zwagerman in 1983. Together they have two children, Dex and Thomas Carvey.
MHI Industry Night with Dana Carvey
Wednesday, April 5 | 4:30 pm – 7:00 pm
Join us for live music, food, drinks and entertainment by comedian Dana Carvey. Tickets are sold for $50. Ticket price will include beer, wine and hors d’oeuvres. A portion of ticket sales will be donated to the Material Handling Education Foundation, Inc. (MHEFI).