Meet Magic Johnson – 11 Amazing Things About the ProMat Keynote
If there’s one theme to Magic Johnson’s career, it’s to see the opportunity that others have ignored, particularly in urban communities. According to Johnson, you have to look like America looks, keep up with changing demographics and know your customer or you will miss out on opportunities.
Johnson is the featured keynote on April 5 at ProMat 2017 in Chicago. Here are 11 amazing facts about the ProMat 2017 keynote speaker.
1) Since his NBA retirement, his net worth has increased by $400 million.
2) Standing at 6′ 9″, Magic is the tallest player to play the point guard position.
3) He helped the Lakers win five NBA championships, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987 and 1988. And now he is back as President of Basketball Operations.
4) He was the NBA Most Valuable Player three times, 1987, 1989 and 1990.
5) He is one of only seven players to win an NCAA national championship, an NBA title, and an Olympic gold medal.
6) The Red Hot Chili Peppers dedicated a song to him on their Mother’s Milk album released in 1989.
7) He’s the only rookie to win the NBA Finals MVP award.
8) He is CEO of Magic Johnson Enterprises, which owns radio stations, movie theaters, magazines, real estate, a cable network, a bank, a minor league and a major league baseball team, partnerships with restaurants, Sony, Aetna, Best Buy and more.
9) Johnson is also the chairman and CEO of the Magic Johnson Foundation, which was created to assist in the fight against HIV/AIDS through awareness, prevention and education.
10) The rivalry with Larry Bird, another NBA superstar, began in college. They became friends while shooting a Converse shoe commercial in 1986.
11) He has survived is HIV positive status for 25 years
Learn more about Johnson’s secrets to success, from his career on the basketball court to his success in the boardroom at the ProMat 2017 keynote titled The Power of Magic: Know your customer and where they are going on April 5 in Chicago. Learn more and register.