What Do You Get When You Join the MHI Family?
So you’ve joined MHI as a member for the first time.
And you’re wondering what all you get for your membership dues. Well never fear, we are here to let you know!
Not to toot our own horn, but MHI membership provides opportunities and exposure that are second to none. Membership gives you the advantages you need to excel in the $156 billion material handling and logistics industry. By being a member, business relationships, friendships, alliances and partnerships are formed for the greater success of everyone.
Because there’s a lot, we’ll try to break the benefits down into categories:
MHI produces the two largest material handling, logistics and supply chain trade events in North America – ProMat and MODEX. Membership in MHI offers significant discounts to price per square foot at our shows.
- • On-the-floor speaking opportunities for exhibitors at our shows
- • Interactive, value-added sales training course for sales professionals showing in our expos (ShowPro, held this year in Chicago, IL January 16-17, 2019)
Online and Social Media
- • Complimentary (the fancy word for FREE!) microsite listing on MHI.org, with up to 10MB of library space, provides valuable exposure to over 800,000 material handling, logistics and supply chain buyers annually
- • URL link to your company website
- • Download free literature and case studies
- • Free placement of Member news releases, white papers and case studies
- • Opportunity to write guest articles on our MHI blog (for loyalty points!) that will go out in our MHI Industry News e-blast to 80,000 material handling and supply chain professionals
Online Business Planning Community
The Business Planning Community offers strategic planning and economic resources for the material handling and supply chain industries.
- • Access to Material Handling Equipment Manufacturing (MHEM) Forecast and quarterly webinar hosted by Jason Schenker, President of Prestige Economics
- • MHI Business Activity Index (BAI) monthly sentiment survey that captures changes in material handling business dynamics
- • MHI Market Analysis Toolkit (MHI-MAT) enables an analyst to estimate the geographic dispersion of markets in the United States, Canada and Mexico
- • Annual Rate of Change Calculator (ARoc) creates forecasting graphs using a combination of your company’s data, economic indicators and MHEM Actual and Forecast Data
- • Free subscription to MHI Solutions quarterly magazine
- • Access to MHI’s Annual Industry Report, developed in collaboration with Deloitte and reflects the views of nearly 900 industry insiders
- • Access to the Material Handling & Logistics Roadmap, an action plan written for the logistics and supply chain industry
- • Discounted rates on certain industry specifications
Industry Group Membership
MHI Member companies have the opportunity to join any of MHI’s Industry Groups (additional fees apply).
- • Industry Groups share information and conduct research to stay at the forefront of their vertical industry
- • Typical Industry Group activities include: industry statistics collection, standards development, technical publications, public relations, safety and education
- • The Solutions Community brings MHI members together with equipment and systems users to collaborate and address common challenges and opportunities in manufacturing and the supply chains in a “safe harbor” environment
- • Make contact with other industry professionals/leaders and meet potential partners at our yearly Spring Meeting and Annual Conference
- • Access to the MHI Executive Summit – this exclusive, invitation-only event only allows 50 member-suppliers and 50 user executives to attend
- • Exclusive access to MHI Young Professionals Network events and activities
Discounts & Advertising
- • Discounts & savings available for special events
- • MHI Members receive Vantiv credit card processing at a low cost
- • Advertising opportunities on our websites, at our trade shows and in our publications
- • Access to MHI press database of almost 1,000 editors and publishers
Use of MHI Facility in Charlotte
- • Professional setting for sales meeting or client presentation
- • 12-15 person capacity, subject to availability
- • Building worldwide awareness and recognition of the importance of the specific work of MHI
- • MHI promotes the North American Material Handling market via media placement and participation in international trade fairs including CeMat Hannover, ExpoCarga in Mexico City, SITL in Paris, CeMat Asia in Shanghai, and Logimat in Stuttgart
Access to the “Workforce of the Future”
- • MHI Education & Workforce Development provides industry resources such as content and programming to address the critical need for workforce talent
- • The MHI career portal located on MHI.org can be used to post your organizations job needs to a focused audience
- • The Material Handling Education Foundation has awarded scholarships in excess of $1.7 million
At the end of the day, all the work we do here at MHI HQ comes down to the members. Our mission statement is literally “Deliver member value every day.” That’s the whole reason we’re here. So if you’ve got questions, we’re always happy to help.