5 Reasons to Attend the 2017 Emerging Leaders Conference
Thursday, July 13 | Renaissance Chicago Downtown
This summer, we invite you to consider “The Power of Different.” An important part of being a good leader is being able (and willing!) to think differently about the world around us. Here are five reasons why the 2017 Emerging Leaders Conference is a must make event!
1. Grow Your Network
Social Gravity: Harnessing the Natural Laws of Relationships
Relationships matter, in both our personal and professional lives. Conventional wisdom tells us that “it’s not what you know, but who you know that matters.” But how do you get to know the right people? Discover the science behind how and why relationships form between people and gain an understanding of the value that exists within these relationships (i.e. Social Capital.)
– Understand the importance of assembling resources on both the individual and organizational level.
– Learn about the importance of authenticity, what it looks like, and what it means to “Fly Your Freak Flag.”
2. Seek Out Diversity
Personal Network Analysis
Presented by Talent Anarchy
The Personal Network Analysis is an assessment that will help you review your network of relationships and the types of diversity present within this network.
3. Make Small Changes
Hack Lab: Pursing Progress Through Deviation
Applying insights from the computer hacking culture, Talent Anarchy will help you find ways to innovate and make progress in your work, one small change at a time. Regardless of your title or experience, you can make big things happen through a series of smart, small changes (hacks).
– Learn the core tenets of hacking culture and how they can be applied to your work.
– Practice applying a hacking mindset to an actual aspect of your work.
– Understand change as a process rather than an event.
4. Cultivate Leadership Skills
Ignite Brilliance in Your Leadership & Innovation
Presented by AmyK
What are the secrets behind brilliant leadership and breakthrough thinking? Through humor and experience, AmyK provides leadership tools you can use immediately. Discuss how to create a culture that sparks innovation, creativity and generates long-term growth.
– Discover five questions leaders need to ask to best influence and foster productive behaviors.
– Learn how to increase accountability, decrease the blame-game.
– Stop wasting time in boring meetings and start problem-solving.
– Alleviate mediocrity by rewarding A-Players and setting standards of excellence.
4. Tap into Collective Brainpower
Roundtable Discussions with Your Peers.
Your opportunity to interact with your peers and learn how they are managing challenges and opportunities within their own organizations. A great way to meet people and tap into the collective brainpower of fellow attendees!
2017 Emerging Leaders Conference
The 2017 Emerging Leaders Conference is a must make event for young professionals in material handling. We have a great line-up of speakers who are fun, engaging and memorable. The day will be filled with interactive sessions and advice you can use immediately. We’ll end the conference with a rooftop reception overlooking Chicago’s breathtaking skyline. Find out more and register!