ASRS of MHI to Present Two Free Education Sessions at MODEX
Automated Storage/Retrieval Systems (ASRS) members are the Industry’s leading suppliers of automated storage/retrieval systems. They supply systems worldwide and in virtually every major manufacturing and distribution sector. This year at MODEX 2022, ASRS will be presenting two education sessions with the insight you need to help keep pace with new online shopping demands, high transportation costs, supply chain issues and product shortages. If you are looking for leading technology to fulfill orders quickly and cost-effectively, register to attend MODEX at no cost and mark your schedule for these valuable ASRS education sessions.
ASRS as a solution for e-commerce, online shopping demands, high transportation costs, supply chain issues and product shortages
MODEX | Tuesday, March 29, 2022
1:30 PM – 2:15 PM
What You Will Learn
How can automation can help e-commerce companies keep pace with new online shopping demands, high transportation costs, supply chain issues and product shortages? The massive uptake in e-commerce sales has put new pressure on warehouses and distribution centers (DCs) to fulfill orders, while dealing with an unprecedented labor shortage, high transportation costs and shortages of supply chain and product. To top it off, everyone who places an order online wants it as quickly and accurately as possible. This means faster and faster turnarounds – and a more exhausted workforce. It also leads to more mis-picks, the higher cost of handling returns, and dissatisfied customers associated with shipping the wrong item. Traditional methods for controlling the supply of goods are not working. Uncontrolled inventories, errors in order preparation, inadequate demand-planning processes and lack of rapid responses to changing market conditions are some of the obvious problems.
Fortunately, there are automated storage systems that can help address all these challenges and stay competitive now and in the future.
– Learn about how ASRS is an efficient and accurate solution for e-commerce and order fulfillment
– Learn about various ASRS and automated systems that can help with labor shortage issues
– Learn how ASRS technology can increase accuracy and response time in order fulfillment
Design Considerations for Micro Fulfillment
MODEX | Wednesday, March 30, 2022
10:30 AM – 11:15 AM
What You Will Learn
Online sales may soon account for 20% of all retail orders. Fulfilling eCommerce orders quickly and cost-effectively is now a top priority. Micro fulfillment is on the minds of many retailers as a possible solution. But one size definitely does not fit all. Join a group of top automation suppliers to learn about key criteria for successful deployment of micro fulfillment solutions.
– Supply chain agility, visibility and efficiency
– Omnichannel fulfillment, eCommerce, order fulfillment
– Learn about the different micro-fulfillment options including back-of-store, dark store, in-store and hub-and-spoke models
– Discover the different ASRS technologies that are suitable for your need and budget
– Get best practices and design considerations for determining which ASRS is right for you and how to design for today and tomorrow’s eCommerce requirements