5 Ways to Become Involved in the MHI Young Professionals Network
Did you know that MHI has a Young Professionals Network (YPN) for those working in supply chain and material handling? Well, we do, and it’s a great way to get involved and get information target directly towards you. This post is going to talk about what the YPN is and how to can get involved.
The mission of the MHI Young Professionals Network is to provide resources and programming to a diverse group of professionals looking to advance their careers in material handling, logistics and supply chain industries. Our goal is to increase industry retention, education and networking as well as to offer career support. You do not have to be an MHI member to participate, but the information is targeted toward professionals under 40.
Here’s where we tie in the title. Here are five ways you can get involved with the YPN:
1. Join the mailing list. Once you enter your info, you’ll get updates about the YPN and upcoming events they’re hosting. Join at mhi.org/ypn
2. Attend events. The YPN puts on many events, conferences, and webinars every year. Today, in fact, we have a webinar titled about Happiness in the Workplace, which I think we all would like at least some of, so tune in for great tips. Register now! It’s totally free, so why not?
3. Follow us on social media! We have a dedicated Linkedin YPN group to hold discussions, network, and talk to each other in. You can also follow us on Twitter and Instagram, where we use #MHIYPN to track things specifically helpful for young professionals (follow @poweredbymhi). Connect with us! We’d love to see what you’re doing, and we use socials to keep track of all the cool things you’re accomplishing.
4. If you an employee of an MHI member company, you can apply for or nominate someone for one of the YPN Awards. There is an Outstanding Young Professional award as well as the Mentor Award. For information on the qualifications and how to apply/nominate, visit mhi.org/ypn/awards.
5. Attend the annual Emerging Leaders Conference. We just attended in July in the lovely city of Chicago and had a blast! The conference is designed for young (or young at heart) material handling professionals who want to strengthen their management and leadership skills and advance their career within the material handling industry. You can learn more and register next year at mhi.org/emerging.